Discussion questions for a Movies/Films speaking lesson. Вопросы для обсуждения на английском языке на тему фильмов. Ключевая лексика по теме выделена жирным шрифтом.
Дополнительно: план урока — План урока по фильму «Don’t look up!»
Step #1: Look at the film posters and discuss:
- Have you seen these films? If so, did you like them? If not, would you like to watch them?
- What genre are they?
- What are these movies about?
Step #2: Discuss the questions:
- What movie genres do you know? Which ones do you enjoy the most?
- What’s your favourite movie of all time? Why do you like it?
- What’s the worst movie you have ever seen?
- Talk about someone that you think is very talented at acting.
- Do you like animated movies? Or are they just for kids?
- Do you try to watch films that win awards? Are awards good indicators of film quality?
- Are sequels ever as good as the original? Give examples of good sequels if you can.
- How do you choose which movie to watch? By the genre? The director? The main star?
- Does watching movies in English help you learn English? Would you recommend this method to language students?
- Do you mind reading subtitles when you watch a foreign language film, or would you prefer it to be dubbed into your own language?
- Do you think age restrictions for films are effective?
- Which movie would you like to live in?
- Do you prefer watching movies at the cinema or on TV?
- Who is the biggest movie hero ever and the biggest ever bad guy?
- Who are your favourite movie stars (and why)?
- Which actor would you want to play you in a movie about you? Why?
- Would you like a job as a movie critic?
- If you could make a movie, what would it be about?
- Do you read movie reviews? Do you usually agree with the reviewers’ opinions?
- What is your favourite line or scene from a movie? What about it makes you remember it so well or like it so much?
- Which actor or actress do you think is the most overrated in Hollywood today? Which is the most underrated?
- How have TV, cable and the Internet changed the movie industry?
- What movie do you wish they would release on the big screen again? What movie would you most like to own on video?
- Do you think there is such a thing as a «woman’s film» or a «man’s film»? If so, how do you think they differ?
- Are there any national film awards in your country?
- What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
- Do you think movies are just for entertainment or we can really learn from them?
- Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction movies?
- If a book has been made into a movie, which do you prefer to do first, see the movie or read the book? Why?
- What do you think about book-to-movie adaptations? Is it a good thing or does it just spoil the book?
- Who is your favourite director?
- Do you think historical movies are educational?
- What is your favourite classical movie?